Home | Zones | Log in | Register

yall just sometimes want to not work

bad examples slacker nation work

Nobody | Reply | Create New Thread New Thread
Page 1 of /2 | Last PageLast

im a terrible person

Resident deity

I would never say “I dont want to work” but I would say sometimes that “i dont want to do my current job or go into said job”

If I had unlimited money I would still work

Free Speach Defendor

Having one of those days today, but the definition of a professional is that they go in and give it their best effort even on days where they’re not passionate about the day’s work.

By that metric you could qualify me as professional, just barely.

Trying too hard

i would definitley not work if i had unlimited money

i would destroy the economy if i had unlimited money lmao

also im very unprofessional in that case

Resident deity

i would definitley not work if i had unlimited money

i would destroy the economy if i had unlimited money lmao

also im very unprofessional in that case

You sound like a great person. Probably should win the next Nobel peace prize. Truly trying to advance all of civilization for the better you are.

Free Speach Defendor

im not

Resident deity

fuck working for someone

but working for yourself seems a lot better

thread head

yea that might be true

im more motivated sometimes when it’s not rote too

like i get my job tasks when its something new/unique, but as soon as I get that done and I’m back to just doing QA on people’s inspections, I kinda shut down for the day lmao

Resident deity

unlimited money would be so nice

imagine all the people struggling, just make everyone as rich as bezos, level the playing field

Resident deity

unlimited money would be so nice

imagine all the people struggling, just make everyone as rich as bezos, level the playing field

I see you understand fundamentally what money is. All we gotta do is give everyone money and then everyone will have money. Why hasn’t anyone thought of this?

Like why has no country ever realized all you need to do is print a shit ton of money and give it away? Civilization is what like a billion years old? How has no one ever done this?

Free Speach Defendor

nah that wont work because the people with money dont want to do that because then it wouldnt work obviously

Resident deity

nah that wont work because the people with money dont want to do that because then it wouldnt work obviously

This makes complete sense. You should write a book dude, I would buy it

Free Speach Defendor

i think you’re lying

Resident deity

i think you’re lying

Try me. Publish a book. I love proving people wrong

Free Speach Defendor

okay but what if it’s not about money

what if it’s fiction about like elves or something

Resident deity

That would be a good own. I should have been more specific

Free Speach Defendor

dog, not working is like all I want to do

“what’s your dream job?”

Shut the fuck up bootlicker, my dream is not having a job

dog, not working is like all I want to do

“what’s your dream job?”

Shut the fuck up bootlicker, my dream is not having a job

Like what actually qualifies as non work? Maybe playing vidya games all day? I feel like some people get paid for playing vidya games all day. Like how does one successfully live a life of non-work?

Is volunteering work? Like I personally know people who do a 9-5 gig as a volunteer and doesn’t get paid. Is that non-work? I feel like that’s cheating because they could probably get paid if they really wanted to

Free Speach Defendor

if I didnt work I’d probably put more work into running like dnd games and stuff

also i’d probably write more??

Resident deity

if I didnt work I’d probably put more work into running like dnd games and stuff

How is writing not literally work? Like how is Stephen King classified as a non-worker?

Free Speach Defendor

i mean i guess it is but its not something i could live off of

im not stephen king lmao

Resident deity

i mean i guess it is but its not something i could live off of

im not stephen king lmao

Neither was Stephen King

Mindblown gif

Free Speach Defendor

How is writing not literally work? Like how is Stephen King classified as a non-worker?

You ever get so blasted off cocaine and alcohol that you don’t remember writing a New York Times bestseller? If so, congrats, you’re Stephen King writing Cujo.

Trying too hard

work sucks i would be happy not working
i do like ‘working’ on personal stuff tho (like this site)

bird on skateboard

That’s my entire point though. You shouldn’t be upset with work, you should just be upset with what you are doing. I am in this boat as well its not like I’m living my dream job. But at least I realize that what the problem is. I do think one day I will do something about it as well.

Free Speach Defendor

oh i never will, im too much into the sunk cost fallacy of my retirement plan

Resident deity

inb4 TLV comes in and makes a comment about wagie cagies

Trying too hard

That’s my entire point though. You shouldn’t be upset with work, you should just be upset with what you are doing. I am in this boat as well its not like I’m living my dream job. But at least I realize that what the problem is. I do think one day I will do something about it as well.

yeah makes sense
i guess since i make negative money on my personal stuff i dont rly consider it work
but fundamentally its the same thing

bird on skateboard

but where would one draw the line between work done that doesn’t make money (i.e. like tz here as tiko just said) and something that also brings pleasure but people wouldn’t say is work, like playing a game or something

like no one would say “im going to go work” and sit down and play ffxvi or something

Resident deity

but where would one draw the line between work done that doesn’t make money (i.e. like tz here as tiko just said) and something that also brings pleasure but people wouldn’t say is work, like playing a game or something

like no one would say “im going to go work” and sit down and play ffxvi or something

Unless you’re a professional gamer competing in eSports tournaments, a professional Twitch streamer, a professional gaming YouTuber, or a Hololive celeb.

Trying too hard

i’d say the convetional definition is that when someone says they’re working, its generally assumed to be a livelihood of some sort, something that is meant to enable survival, so whether it’s buying into the capitalist system, or if it’s off the grid, but something to that effect. like if someone asked what I do for work and I said “oh i run dnd games for my friends” and im not actually making money/surviving on that, it seems a bit disingenuous of a way to answer that

Unless you’re a professional gamer competing in eSports tournaments, a professional Twitch streamer, a professional gaming YouTuber, or a Hololive celeb.

yea exactly

Resident deity

Part of me really wants to make a professional GM platform so that tabletop modules fire when the table fills up.

Trying too hard

fire?

Resident deity

hmm good point

bird on skateboard

fire?

At the LGS that I sometimes do MtG draft at around pre-release runs on-demand drafts - when the table fills up with 8 players they “fire” the draft - run it for the table.

Trying too hard

So you’d have GMs running modules and then when a full party of players join the table with their characters they run them.

Trying too hard

Oh, maybe could work

i dont do a lot of lfg or anything, ive played with the same people for close to a decade in some cases now lol

Resident deity

Yeah. It’s always best to have a consistent group.

Trying too hard

yea, and i’ve heard a lot of horror stories lol

what would your platform have over something like, say roll20

Resident deity

It would be more of a matchmaking service. You could integrate with Roll20 on some level. It’s been quite some time since I’ve looked at their APIs, so I’m not sure how tightly you could do it.

Trying too hard

i can’t get a job so i don’t know this feeling

gao

i’d say the convetional definition is that when someone says they’re working, its generally assumed to be a livelihood of some sort, something that is meant to enable survival, so whether it’s buying into the capitalist system, or if it’s off the grid, but something to that effect. like if someone asked what I do for work and I said “oh i run dnd games for my friends” and im not actually making money/surviving on that, it seems a bit disingenuous of a way to answer that

yea exactly

I just fundamentally disagree. I think what my wife does for work is extremely more important than what I do for work, and she doesn’t make any money doing it. She is a stay at home mom and I appreciate her so much it’s crazy.

Just because she doesn’t make money doing it doesn’t mean her work is not valued to others or society. She is the type that NEVER thought she would be a stay at home mom and legitimately wants to work (when she did work she was the manager of her store), but having a child changed her view on that real quick. But I tell her all the time, and I am serious, that if she wants to go back to work that she could probably make just as much money as me given her expertise but she actually prefers to be the one at home.

Moral of the story, life is all about perspective. Life is what you make out of it. If you are determined to make life and society a shitty place, you will succeed at it. If you just want to be a good person and live a good life, you will also succeed at it.

Free Speach Defendor

That sucks

Free Speach Defendor

sometimes i just wanna like
start a farm

make some organic hops or some shit

i realize it’d be 1000x harder than what i do now tho lolz

bird on skateboard

Farming is a ton of work and alot of uncertainty. You literally have to be prepared for freak of nature events and potentially lose an entire years worth of work and still survive

Free Speach Defendor

That sucks

autism completely filters me out whenever i get an interview

gao

That sucks

You know there actually is jobs where an employer will purposefully hire autistic people? Any job that is detail oriented and repetitive, autistic people actually have a legitimate advantage over normies. Normies suck at those jobs

Edited by vzJustice at 2020-07-13 21:17:10Jul 13 21:17
Free Speach Defendor

That sucks

You know there actually is jobs where an employer will purposefully hire autistic people? Any job that is detail oriented and repetitive, autistic people actually have a legitimate advantage over normies. Normies suck at those jobs

it’s the fact i never make eye contact rather than being more outwardly autistic. it’s the one thing i can’t hide

gao

That sucks

it’s the fact i never make eye contact rather than being more outwardly autistic. it’s the one thing i can’t hide

Have you ever thought your superb ability to make excuses could also be holding you back?

Free Speach Defendor

yea exactly

I just fundamentally disagree. I think what my wife does for work is extremely more important than what I do for work, and she doesn’t make any money doing it. She is a stay at home mom and I appreciate her so much it’s crazy.

Just because she doesn’t make money doing it doesn’t mean her work is not valued to others or society. She is the type that NEVER thought she would be a stay at home mom and legitimately wants to work (when she did work she was the manager of her store), but having a child changed her view on that real quick. But I tell her all the time, and I am serious, that if she wants to go back to work that she could probably make just as much money as me given her expertise but she actually prefers to be the one at home.

Moral of the story, life is all about perspective. Life is what you make out of it. If you are determined to make life and society a shitty place, you will succeed at it. If you just want to be a good person and live a good life, you will also succeed at it.

im not disagreeing, but we also have a society that is like “you want to do something you like? better make sure you can also afford to feed yourself lmao”

Resident deity
Read more
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1 | 2
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top