Home | Zones | Log in | Register

Tiko give me fashion tips

Nobody | Reply | Create New Thread New Thread
Filtering | Stop Filtering
Page 1 of /3 | Next PageNext | Last PageLast

another place i’d recommend is Gustin. they have a unique business model where it’s kind of like crowdfunding an item so you buy it before they make it but it’s way cheaper
https://www.weargustin.com/store
the downside is you have to wait but they do have some stock available every once in a while https://www.weargustin.com/stock
i have some shirts and jackets and a briefcase from them are they are v good for the price

ive bought a few pairs from gustin when they run weird fabrics and i think theyre p good

i bought a pair of 19oz from them and wear them p much every day at work and theyve held up real good

ive bought one set of their shirts when they did some polos with some rainbow neps in them and while theyre good i dont know if i would pay that much for them again.

might buy one of the 10oz flannels that are up right now though.

i also buy a decent amount of N&F since they run a lot of wacky fabrics too

The OJ way™

Things like this for N&F for the current season https://tateandyoko.com/collections/naked-famous-denim-fall-winter-2020/products/naked-famous-denim-weird-guy-tatami-denim or things like the persimmon dyed jeans in tiko’s first post

The OJ way™

Things like this for N&F for the current season https://tateandyoko.com/collections/naked-famous-denim-fall-winter-2020/products/naked-famous-denim-weird-guy-tatami-denim or things like the persimmon dyed jeans in tiko’s first post

i grabbed the tatami jeans and jacket
it’s super weird fabric but it’s really cool
i’m curious how it’ll age but i have too much stuff to fade and never go outside via covid

I really wanted to get them but the 33 weird guys are sold out now since I was waiting on the seersucker corduroy jackets so rip I guess. Still gonna get the burgundy jacket though.

The OJ way™

https://www.weargustin.com/store/jeans-394-the-21

Gustin just put these up and they’re a really good deal if you want to get into heavyweights

Edited by OfficerJenny at 2020-09-11 16:52:55Sep 11 16:52
The OJ way™

i grabbed the tatami jeans and jacket
it’s super weird fabric but it’s really cool
i’m curious how it’ll age but i have too much stuff to fade and never go outside via covid

I really wanted to get them but the 33 weird guys are sold out now since I was waiting on the seersucker corduroy jackets so rip I guess. Still gonna get the burgundy jacket though.

dang
i got the super guy cut and it’s ridiculously skinny
i can barely fit lolol
those jackets look sweet tho i also want to get one. can’t decide between blush and burgundy.

the pink would match my pink jeans

image.png

image.png

but idk if i can pull off pink on pink
pink plus burgundy would prob look better
hmmmm 🤔

Skinny guy is way too skinny for me. I tried one pair of easy guys too and while they fit just right below the knee they’re just wayyyy too lose in the thighs. I like weird guy because it’s pretty much just slim straight. Depending on the release I have to order anything between 33 and 36 though it’s really annoying. Those pink jeans own I would love to do those. I thought really hard about getting the friendship denim that N&F did but decided against it. I would do the burgundy + pink if it was me for sure. Posting on mobile is weird cause return just posts ugh

Edited by OfficerJenny at 2020-09-11 21:05:56Sep 11 21:05
The OJ way™

Tiko, how tall are you / how much do you weigh?

5’9 115lb

Wow, I thought I was skinny at 5’7” 130lb

I’m 6’2” 230 whoops

The OJ way™

Neat thx tiko

I’m scared to order $300 jeans cause I’m scared they won’t fit

Sizing is definitely rough
If you’ve got a pair of jeans that you really like the fit of just measure them and compare to size charts accordingly but that’s really the best advice I can give you.

If you’re a prime member I know that there’s a decent amount of N&F on prime wardrobe. I think that there are some nudies up as well. It might be worth trying that way to start out with. You’ll probably have to look at size charts on Tate and yoko still though

The OJ way™

You don’t measure the belt from the top of the buckle you measure from where the leather starts

However if you’re measuring your jean waistband at a true 34 I would just order in that size range. The belt will measure a little more because there’s fabric between it and your waist making it a little bigger.

Honestly I think the thigh measurement is more important than anything. It’s usually measured two inches down from the crotch for size charts. Might not be as important for you though since you’re a skinny boi

The OJ way™

unless its unsanforized i never soak and i only do it then so i dont forget and wash them and wonder why they shrank so dang much

also post fit pix

The OJ way™

real talk i hate buying denim that isnt already shrank

The OJ way™

I think that fit looks good but I’m into the way denim stacks up when it’s not super tight. the dumbos on reddit would tell u they’re not tight enough.

They’re gonna turn your 350s blue though

The OJ way™

You could try easy guy instead. It’s got a looser top with a tight bottom. Unless you size it just right though I think the saggy butt problem would be worse

The OJ way™

Yeah the only clothing item that anyone will ever really say anything about when you start wearing expensive stuff is shoes since they’re easily identifiable. Even then it’ll mostly be dumb teen hypebeasts if you’re into sneakers. This of course extends to if you wear the hypebeast brands of clothes too since they tend to have distinct tells. Like the bape camo pattern or that stupid giant X for off white.

Fashions a really weird hobby that you have to learn you’ll only get to talk about with people online really. Normies don’t spend this kind of money on clothes and people don’t care enough to start convos on it while they’re out doing things even if they do recognize your 200 dollar jeans

I do recommend buying top pieces instead of more jeans because it’s easy to buy too many jeans and you’ll wanna wear them all and boom you never see a fade on anything other than the rings around your phone and wallet

The OJ way™

Haha same

I’ve got at least 10 pairs I haven’t even taken the tags off of

The OJ way™

ive been buying a lot of outerwear lately instead

got a pretty sick goretex jacket at the north face outlet yesterday marked down from 700 to 200

the-north-face-Tillandsia-Purple-Fuse-Fuse-Brigandine-Hooded-Jacket.jpeg

its got lots of zippers so i can feel like a FF character

The OJ way™

since youre already in sneaker culture i think the jordan 9 boots are sick but you may have a hard time finding some for a decent price thanks to the way sneaker culture is

you could be a walking reddit meme and buy a pair of amber red wings to go with your new raw denim

reccing boots is actually hard without having a general price point you wanna stay in or under

The OJ way™

lmao beautiful

i remember when i bought mine 5 or 6 years ago now the lady was like “i really dont know why people buy these boots theyre so expensive” and im just like wtf why are you like this if you work here. i got mine in black instead of meme brown though

super guys look p good too but i still like the stacky look personally

no Jordan boots i don’t wear Jordan anything bc my name is Jordan

fair

The OJ way™

i love a good extra meme

The OJ way™

the purple one owns but its also my favorite color to wear besides bright pink so im not a good source

of the four monster neps i like the black one the best but i would absolutely get the rainbow nep one if i didnt already have the polos. its pretty wild walkin around lookin like a bowl of fruity pebbles

The OJ way™

Wearing the grey polo with it’s not so bad but wearing the cereal milk white one was definitely intimidating the first time

Got a decent amount of compliments on it tho so it was good

The OJ way™

It’s kind of funny but I guess my “dressing better” has been just wearing what I usually do but higher quality versions of the same stuff

I got some shirts from this shop called Marine Layer, they’re pretty comfy

v nice

The OJ way™

i cuff too ive got one pair that i hemmed but i like the cuff look better

i wanna buy a clothes but i dont know what to buy

The OJ way™

Black will be easier for you to get yourself to wear until you truly embrace denim on denim

It’s been my favorite look for probably 15 years or so now so it’s easy for me to wear exact same fabrics but it’s definitely a hard thing for people to talk themselves into the Canadian tuxedo

I’m even at the point where I’ll wear denim sneakers with it too now fuck it

The OJ way™

25DABFF6-5948-4EEF-AAB4-DC090C6EBB9A.jpeg

I live for wearing these dudes in triple denim

The OJ way™

It’s still high 70s in TN so it’s way too hot for that right now unfortunately. I will try to remember when the time comes though

The OJ way™

oh god i was looking on the levis site to see if they had put out the fall/winter LVC stuff yet and i saw this

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/outerwear/1960s-suede-trucker-jacket/p/299200002

its so powerful

its so expensive!

i want it though

The OJ way™

wish i could pull this off and also afford a $4000 jacket

image.png

dang thats something else

The OJ way™

arriving Thursday is my denim jacket, reverse shell cordovan watch band and this shirt in this cinnamon color as well as light grey

7742D41A-EAEF-4BB4-84C3-AAE75ECABBFB.png

I ordered these in my usual size L but after shopping for flannels today they all ran huge and I got the carhartts in medium so I hope I’m ok

Actual workwear brands like carhartt tend to run big. Those also say relaxed fit so that means they aren’t slimmed up at all and are just straight cut

The OJ way™

the cinnamon color owns

The OJ way™

same but i cant
keep getting bored then finding 10 more things i want
must consume

This is unfortunately my whole dang life

The OJ way™

That somehow wouldn’t surprise me

The OJ way™

32D4326D-B1F6-4957-9F84-7BF2C2448D3D.jpeg

No triple denim today but I can give you a double denim since I just walked by this mirror

This is my one hemmed pair of jeans. The N&F ryu’s in weird guy

The OJ way™

Damn a normal color way is Kanye okay?

The OJ way™

I have nothing against the shoe but almost all of its colors have been garbage especially lately

I’m not a good source tho I’m a retro runner boi

The OJ way™

08CF7672-5B20-4F59-AA04-09DA480CE232.jpeg
277DCB57-97F8-4C93-A4D5-61982A5F27F9.jpeg

Big steal today in the TJ

The OJ way™

I can’t stop thinking about that suede jacket

When it eventually goes on markdown I’m gonna spend spend spend

The OJ way™

Ps I think the jacket and shirt look good

The OJ way™

I can’t stop thinking about that suede jacket

When it eventually goes on markdown I’m gonna spend spend spend

the levi’s one?
hell yeah

Yeah dude. A couple years ago they had a standard brown suede one and it got down to like 4 hundos and I always got mad for not buying it but surely if that normal color one got that low this one will too

The OJ way™

officer Jenny u own denim jackets right?? I’m trying to decide if I should size up I think the obvious answer is probably yes considering I can hardly button the bottom two buttons bc I’m fat. It buttons snuggly around the chest but I don’t plan on ever wearing this buttoned. I love the fit and look everywhere besides for under the arms is a little tight. I can’t fully hug myself and crossing my arms is about as far as I can stretch.

I’m 5’11 roughly 200lbs, this is size XL.

I have no problem wearing this over a hoodie.

Is this just the way it goes w denim jackets? I’m worried if I size up it will throw the look off everywhere else. Should I be comfortable knowing it will stretch or worried that it will shrink

halp

If you can’t go elbow to elbow when crossing your arms i would say the chest or the shoulders are definitely too tight. You can try sizing up. It’a usually only an inch or two difference anyway so it shouldn’t make a massive difference in the fit

I never button personally because if it’s cold enough I need to be keeping in heat I should be wearing a heavier coat and not a denim one

The OJ way™

I accidentally spent more than my hobby budget for the month on keyboard stuff yesterday so there will be no new clothes for me other than that jacket the other day this month :(

You can look forward to a post about a cute keeb hopefully by the end of next week though

The OJ way™

apparently this jacket i reserved is in stock now so i gotta go pick it up

image.png

image.png

image.png

seems like it p much sold out during reservation period too @_@

hope it fits me xD

V nice

I like the single pocket

The OJ way™

in the case of the naked and famous _____ core line the yarn is dyed with the internal color which would be the core color and then dyed with the indigo on top of that. this causes the core color to show through very well when the indigo gets rubbed off and thats why its so pronounced on them

in the case of colored wefts you will get a small show through depending on color but it doesnt really show through more with age or anything as seen here https://imgur.com/a/shQzH#0TI5pro

the show through of weft obviously depends on how bright the weft color is and in my experience bright reds and golds tend to show through the most. when i unpack my winter clothes sometime around the end of the month ill try to remember to post my levis jacket thats got a metallic gold weft as an example

The OJ way™

this has been denim education with OJ

The OJ way™

s343606627802796870_p109_i5_w1178.jpeg

i said i wasnt gonna buy any clothes this month but i might buy this shirt its p heckin cute and im p sure its ok since its not 200 dollar jeans

The OJ way™

i wanna get a gimmick color suede jacket but cant decide which one

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

i think the first one is prob my favorite
they are all ridiculously expensive

The pockets on the first one own

The OJ way™

hurryupgustin.png

should get these bad boys soonish

kind of wish i had just waited for graphzero to rerelease their persimmon jeans but w/e they are basically the same
maybe gustins cut is better we will see

graphzero: https://www.denimio.com/gz1917sz03-1917s3-nippon-cotton-13oz-organic-cotton-slim-straight-jeans-kakishibu.html
gustin: https://www.weargustin.com/store/jeans-379-japan-organic-persimmon-dye?campaign_id=11494

hmm looking closely the color seems kinda different
HMMMMmmmM

Judging by the pairs of gustin I have their slim straight is definitely more slim. Those graph zero ones might as well just say straight cut

The OJ way™

Everything that I’ve bought has been made so idk

The OJ way™

these are pretty similar to the book of fire jeans
they just came out
https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/studio-dartisan-hinode-selvedge-jeans?variant=32869267046488

i have both lolz
the samurai ones actually led me to appreciate straight leg more
the SDA ones are a little more red? they just got in today so i haven’t looked too closely yet

The red cuff on black boot is so hot lmao

The OJ way™

If I got em I’d had to get 38 and that would make me feel extra fat so I will not

The OJ way™
Read more
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top