car buying cars

Nobody | Reply | Create New Thread New Thread
Page 1 of /1

looking at mid-size sedan such as hyundai sonata or subaru legacy

i could buy like a used 2017 or 2018 model but what are advantages of leasing

thread head

don’t lease, i’ve done it a few times now and i always regret it

definitely buy used imo

get an extended warranty. i just bought a car from carmax and it’s a pretty painless process.

How much do you drive? That’s really the deciding factor for me.

If I know that I’m going to put a lot of miles on the car (within the constraints of the lease, or negotiate it) then I’d lean toward leasing. If you’re not driving all over creation for your job, it’s probably better to buy.

It also depends on how often you care to switch out your car. I generally drive my cars until the wheels fall off because a car is a tool to me - I’m not interested in working on it myself (though I do when I can because I’m cheap), but if you’re the kind of person that wants the latest and greatest for reasons then a lease might make sense.

Trying too hard

Right now I don’t need to commute but in the future i’d probably be commuting up to 250 miles/week

Also I don’t want to drive a car until the wheels fall off, ideally would be ~5 years and then something newer

thread head

250 miles a week is 13,000 miles a year, which is around the nations average - if you buy then when you go to sell at about 5 years you’re looking at 65,000 miles, give or take

It also depends on the vehicle type - I wouldn’t consider buying a new EV. I’d either buy used or lease.

Trying too hard

I’m not buying an EV I have no where to charge it

thread head

leasing is good if youre wealthy

ein cooler typ

dont get a subaru though theyre for lesbians

ein cooler typ

what if you’re a wealthy lesbian

Finely Aged Username

send me some eth

stuck in a quandre

@ tc

stuck in a quandre

my main beef with leasing is the paranoia about damaging the car, even minor stuff. you’re pretty much at the mercy of the dealership when it comes time to turn it in. if somebody scratches you while you’re parked, you gotta fix it. or if the tires are too worn, you’re responsible for buying new tires. in reality I haven’t had terrible experiences with the dealers screwing me on this, but the anxiety i develop about it isn’t worth it to me.

yeah that sounds like something i wouldn’t want to deal with either

thread head

uhhh please dont drive around with worn tires even if you own your car

ein cooler typ

don’t tell me what to do

i bought a new car in 2016 and kinda regretted it (was doing it for family and they didnt even THANK me smdh)

my cr-v is a good lil car tho

Resident deity

I’m reading about car buying tactics now and i hate it already

thread head

i’m really liking the new 2021 Elantra N-line

aaaaahh

thread head

that’s one of the reasons i like carmax

you pay a bit more, but the no haggle approach is worth it imo

If you have a working car that isn’t in need of constant repair then remember you always have the power to just walk away.

Salesperson using high pressure tactics? Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind, have a great day!

Salesperson undervaluing your trade in? Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind, have a great day!

Salesperson telling you that you won’t get a better deal anywhere else? Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind, have a great day!

Salesperson telling you that this offer won’t be valid after you leave? Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind, have a great day!

Remember, they live and die on commission. Their approach to you are tactics to make that commission bigger.

Needless to say, if you’re not paying cash on the spot, get pre-approved with your bank/another lender so they don’t take you through the financing deboning machine.

Trying too hard

gonna go to the dealership this weekend i think

thread head

hope they dont skimp on the happy ending

Resident deity

just drive yourself haha cuz ur mister taxi

Shark Cat

leasing is for people who dont have to ask on the internet if leasing is a good idea for them

watch this dude’s whole channel:

In the end, just stay the fuck away from all traditional car dealerships, they are all lying and they are all a scam

Just use Carmax or Carvana and be done with it.

I bought my car from a dealership, I shopped at several dealerships for it, and it was a nightmare the entire way through and my experiences were not even as bad as some people’s. There is a reason Car Salesmen are one of the most hated professions in the country. Literal scum of the earth, full of shit all of them.

Like for my car, I paid $10,900 for a 2013 Prius C with 24,000 miles on it.

The car was listed on their website for $9,800, but of course that was a bait & switch, as soon as the saleman starts talking money they add on bullshit fake fees and drive the price up to $11,600

I ended up walking out because I wanted the car for $10,000 flat and they refused. But then I came back and got it anyway for their final $10,900 offer because I looked it up online and it was a solid Kelley Blue Book price anyway.

also like the vid says, I did not explicitly say I was gonna pay cash to the saleman but he did trick me into letting slip the implication that I might, which is prob also part of why they wouldnt budge anymore on the price.

watch this dude’s whole channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S9cQOPxzfg

In the end, just stay the fuck away from all traditional car dealerships, they are all lying and they are all a scam

Just use Carmax or Carvana and be done with it.

I bought my car from a dealership, I shopped at several dealerships for it, and it was a nightmare the entire way through and my experiences were not even as bad as some people’s. There is a reason Car Salesmen are one of the most hated professions in the country. Literal scum of the earth, full of shit all of them.

thanks for this video

my dad was trying to tell me that saying i’m paying cash would somehow get me a better deal and I was trying to tell him that’s not true. I’l lshow him this vid

thread head

yea next time I need a car I am not even bothering with these car dealers, just going straight to Carvana and Carmax.

https://www.carmax.com/
https://www.carvana.com/

When you compare their prices to the dealerships, it feels like Carmax/Carvana are more expensive than the shit you see listed on https://www.cars.com/ at your local dealer.

But that is not the case, because its guaranteed that none of the dealer’s listed online prices will be real. The price you end up paying at the dealer will be in line with the equivalent Carmax/Carvana is showing you, except you will have to go through the ringer car sales process with the car saleman scum lying and trying to manipulate you every step of the way

also like that Kevin Hunter guys suggests, if you need financing, get it yourself independently, but obv do not tell them that either while you are shopping.

I had an offer from Lightstream lined up for ~4% APR IIRC that I was ready to fall back on if I needed to.

Thanks for all the tips, the video especially is useful

I’ll see what kind of shit the dealers try on me and if I can’t get the price I’m looking for I’ll pursue teh carmax/carvana avenue

thread head

update: car acquired B)

thread head

mbn to be wealthy

ein cooler typ

update: car acquired B)

what did you get, where did you get it, how much, what played out

and pics too lets see it

IMG_20210412_175940__01.jpg

2021 Hyundai Elantra SEL
Total out the door cost: $21,000

thread head

u pay for that hooptie up front or what did you end up doing Mr TAXI

whats it look like under the hood and shit

youtube videos aside and stuff

the tires are SHINY

sick whip brah

u pay for that hooptie up front or what did you end up doing Mr TAXI

whats it look like under the hood and shit

I was gonna finance but my parents offered me a loan as long as I pay them back in 3 years so I took that. That allowed me to get the full cash-back from the current incentive.

I didn’t end up with the sporty version under the hood its a 2.0L 147hp engine

thread head

nice move and cool parents ^^

I’ll take some more pictures soon and post them

thread head

cool elantra bro

Shark Cat

Sweet ride

Trying too hard

don’t use reactions to my posts

they don’t show up on my computer

Capture.PNG

ein cooler typ

yeah theyre fucking brutal

redpill tho is the car you bought is shitty lol

Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top