Home | Zones | Log in | Register

redpill me on leasing a car vs buying

car buying cars

Nobody | Reply | Create New Thread New Thread
Filtering | Stop Filtering
Page 1 of /1

How much do you drive? That’s really the deciding factor for me.

If I know that I’m going to put a lot of miles on the car (within the constraints of the lease, or negotiate it) then I’d lean toward leasing. If you’re not driving all over creation for your job, it’s probably better to buy.

It also depends on how often you care to switch out your car. I generally drive my cars until the wheels fall off because a car is a tool to me - I’m not interested in working on it myself (though I do when I can because I’m cheap), but if you’re the kind of person that wants the latest and greatest for reasons then a lease might make sense.

Trying too hard

250 miles a week is 13,000 miles a year, which is around the nations average - if you buy then when you go to sell at about 5 years you’re looking at 65,000 miles, give or take

It also depends on the vehicle type - I wouldn’t consider buying a new EV. I’d either buy used or lease.

Trying too hard

If you have a working car that isn’t in need of constant repair then remember you always have the power to just walk away.

Salesperson using high pressure tactics? Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind, have a great day!

Salesperson undervaluing your trade in? Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind, have a great day!

Salesperson telling you that you won’t get a better deal anywhere else? Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind, have a great day!

Salesperson telling you that this offer won’t be valid after you leave? Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind, have a great day!

Remember, they live and die on commission. Their approach to you are tactics to make that commission bigger.

Needless to say, if you’re not paying cash on the spot, get pre-approved with your bank/another lender so they don’t take you through the financing deboning machine.

Trying too hard

Sweet ride

Trying too hard
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top