Okay real fuckin talk who watched the new Star Trek today

fuck

Nobody | Reply | Create New Thread New Thread
Page 1 of /2 | Last PageLast

who watched Picard

who shed tears

probably just gonna pirate it when the season is through then binge it

dokdo is korean

I would have but apparently I need CBS ALL ACCESS to watch it on amazon prime video

薔薇は美しく散る

is it any good? ive been slowly working my way thru TNG

bird on skateboard

its better than discovery but it still sucks

I would have but apparently I need CBS ALL ACCESS to watch it on amazon prime video

it comes out a day later on Amazon Prime if I understood them correctly, so it should be out today

I enjoyed it a lot, it was just the first episode though. Mostly just exposition. It’s been 18 years since we’ve seen Picard last and they have to catch us up. The setting is neat. The episode so far just seems like criticism on society today, and the Federation is not what it used to be.

I have high hopes for the future episodes, even if the cool parts are just the cameos with Hugh and Seven o Nine, Crusher, Riker, Janeway, etc etc

I’m currently going thru discovery for the first time as well right now 😳 I’ve seen TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT at least four times each but still haven’t fully seen TOS, and since I finally bought CBS AA I’m going thru Disco now.

This talk would be more appropriate in the Real Talk thread. This thread is for bad talk. This has been a public service announcement

NOT anime avatar

I enjoyed it a lot, it was just the first episode though. Mostly just exposition. It’s been 18 years since we’ve seen Picard last and they have to catch us up. The setting is neat. The episode so far just seems like criticism on society today, and the Federation is not what it used to be.

I have high hopes for the future episodes, even if the cool parts are just the cameos with Hugh and Seven o Nine, Crusher, Riker, Janeway, etc etc

I’m currently going thru discovery for the first time as well right now 😳 I’ve seen TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT at least four times each but still haven’t fully seen TOS, and since I finally bought CBS AA I’m going thru Disco now.

discovery is disappointing and I say that as someone who watched seasons 1 and 2 and probably 3

it does not have the right to disappoint me to this degree

Edited by TimeLady Victorious at 2020-01-24 22:10:53Jan 24 22:10
薔薇は美しく散る

I didn’t particularity enjoy the BIG ACTION FIGHT and a lot of it’s consequences, but I’m still feeling cautiously optimistic.

MGS Loremaster

yeah it wasn’t perfect but it could have been way, way worse.

didnt know there was a new one but it probably sucks

trapped in the zohar

It was neat. I think people overreacted to the very short action scenes.

gao

Just finished it. It’s not as bad as Discovery. I’m curious as to where they’ll be going with this.

薔薇は美しく散る

i thought i liked it until the red letter media guys told me why i dont like it

ein cooler typ

ironic

gao

Yeah, it’s not like you should wait until at least half of a season is done to criticize its plot points or anything like that, like there were many problems with Discovery’s first episode, but I decided to wait until the season was half over before not liking it: the anachronistic attitude, my irritation at the war going too fast (guess the Federation really SHOULD have militarized), the whole mirror universe thing (hard to say Lorca was wrong when by the events of Mirror Mirror we see he was right and by DS9 we say he was totally and completely right), and of course the hard on nu Trek has for Section 31…

Star Trek Picard is likely to have a bunch of the same stupid stuff in it, except now they’re Section 31 Romulans working in an attempt to subvert the Federation… which means people were right and the Romulans should never have been helped by anyone. The unintentional moral of the series might just be never, ever trust a xeno.

薔薇は美しく散る

episode two is out and it’s

ein cooler typ

Yeah, it’s not like you should wait until at least half of a season is done to criticize its plot points or anything like that, like there were many problems with Discovery’s first episode, but I decided to wait until the season was half over before not liking it: the anachronistic attitude, my irritation at the war going too fast (guess the Federation really SHOULD have militarized), the whole mirror universe thing (hard to say Lorca was wrong when by the events of Mirror Mirror we see he was right and by DS9 we say he was totally and completely right), and of course the hard on nu Trek has for Section 31…

Star Trek Picard is likely to have a bunch of the same stupid stuff in it, except now they’re Section 31 Romulans working in an attempt to subvert the Federation… which means people were right and the Romulans should never have been helped by anyone. The unintentional moral of the series might just be never, ever trust a xeno.

did you like the part where

<spoiler>

the constitution-class cruiser was somehow large enough to be a fighter-carrier

</spoiler>

gao

did you like the part where

<spoiler>

the constitution-class cruiser was somehow large enough to be a fighter-carrier

</spoiler>

I didn’t “like” it but it made sense. It actually made some kind of military sense, and the Federation is historically bad at war because it isn’t supposed to be a military power.

薔薇は美しく散る

but it only had space for 4 shuttle craft and six work bees

gao

Also, after watching the 2nd ep of Picard, I’m astonished by how much better than Discovery it is.

薔薇は美しく散る

I watched the second episode last night

it was okay, I’m glad it’s setting up more questions and mysteries that make it interesting

I watched the second episode last night

it was okay, I’m glad it’s setting up more questions and mysteries that make it interesting

I hope it goes somewhere instead of mystery for mystery’s sake

薔薇は美しく散る

Just three more episodes of putting a crew and ship together.

gao

got caught up on st:p

that fifth episode was supposed to be a “comedy” episode I think

there’s a reason why patrick stewart’s french accent was nixed from tng and you only heard a “paree” or a “merde” once or twice

薔薇は美しく散る

this show is dumb as fuck

I hate gamers

gao

薔薇は美しく散る

i only started watching star trek in the last few years and it is my understanding that the whole point is a diverse cast of well rounded characters doing goofs and this show and that other dumbass new show bear so little resemblance to that that i dont know why they even still call it star trek. also the plots of both of them are so ridiculously incomprehensible and convoluted that i dont know how large groups of people all agreed that they should possibly exist

what are they retaining from the star trek brand that gives them any resemblance of the other shows aside from the names of some aliens

I hate gamers

also tv shows shouldnt look like movies

I hate gamers

there’s also a bunch of stuff in the books and comics that should have been in the tv show because it’s a tv show and should have all of this stuff in it

basically “the orville” is what you want if you want new star trek, and by that I mean more good tng fanfic

edit: star trek in 1967 all the way up to the tail end of DS9 was mostly about “how do we do things without being violent”

VOY skirted this a LOT

ENT threw this in the dumpster, but it could be understandable as it was a prequel to before the federation was formed

STD and STP are taking turns urinating and defecating on this concept

Edited by TimeLady Victorious at 2020-02-26 23:42:15Feb 26 23:42
薔薇は美しく散る

Picard has failed to meet most of my already-low expectations.

I feel badly for my dad, he was really looking forward to this and he’s a fan of old Star Trek / TNG. we’ve been watching it together and it’s been kind of a let-down.

it’s been a slow spiral of disappointment since gene died

gao

yeah but I hate Seth mcfarlane

I hate gamers

Ehhh

He was really a hamper to everything.

薔薇は美しく散る

Ehhh

so you liked voyager and enterprise ?

gao

Ehhh

so you liked voyager and enterprise ?

To an extent. VOY was basically a bunch of mediocre episodes with some really good ones, ENT was…. better in the first 2 seasons, took a real dive in the 3rd, then was up its own ass in the 4th. (Except for the miniseries when they were on Vulcan, and the Terra Prime 2 parter. That was kino.)

TNG season 1 and 2 were the worst, and keep in mind that Roddenberry threatened to sue over TUC.

薔薇は美しく散る

Huh strange. Didn’t think I’d talk to someone else besides my father that liked VOY.

ENT was…. better in the first 2 seasons, took a real dive in the 3rd, then was up its own ass in the 4th.

Season 3 is when I dropped it myself.

gao

Huh strange. Didn’t think I’d talk to someone else besides my father that liked VOY.

ENT was…. better in the first 2 seasons, took a real dive in the 3rd, then was up its own ass in the 4th.

Season 3 is when I dropped it myself.

It’s good for what it is. I never cared much for Seven of Nine myself. I liked Kes better, and … well we all know what happened to Jennifer Lien.

VOY is as Paramount wanted it to be: TNG-lite. When continuity shows up to bite them in the butt it’s hilarious, like when word gets around they have a Borg crew member, or when the Voyager’s reputation as a ship of plague and death starts getting around. Or, you know, when holodeck hardware they gave the Hirogen ends up being good at fighting Hirogen.

薔薇は美しく散る

I liked it myself. Had a ton of fun with the VOY reunion in Star Trek Online.

I never cared much for Seven of Nine myself.

Sex appeal isn’t very interesting as a character trait.

tumblr_b7f6e3a6d84cf2b721001b9fa7b909ca_b3f5fe71_400.gif

gao

I liked it myself. Had a ton of fun with the VOY reunion in Star Trek Online.

I never cared much for Seven of Nine myself.

Sex appeal isn’t very interesting as a character trait.

tumblr_b7f6e3a6d84cf2b721001b9fa7b909ca_b3f5fe71_400.gif

I never found her to be very sexually appealing tbqh

Some of the stuff regarding her character was interesting, but it was bizarre how Janeway seemed to be in love with her, to the extent of going back in time just to save her (and maybe tuvok)

薔薇は美しく散る

yall

I have tried so hard to like this show

I love DS9 and TNG and I really like ENT and VOY and I really wanted to like Picard too but…….. fuck man. I find myself really enjoying certain scenes, like in episode six when Picard was asking Soji to follow him, and he’s like “come on, please!” etc. And the introduction of Seven of Nine (who was only there for one episode wtf). But on the whole, the storytelling, the plot, the narrative, it’s just eh. I can’t believe I miss the episodic nature of old Trek this much. Watching DIS and Picard feel like watching a movie, a single story, in which you must watch the previous episodes to understand the context of the current one, because it happened directly beforehand. Which is fine, which is why movies exist, but everything they’re doing sucks. I hate when they reveal a mystery on screen once, and then later but much more dramatically. What the fuck is that shit. I feel so bad, maybe my expectations were too high. I’m going to keep on watching it ($6/mo isn’t that bad) but if it goes onto a second season I won’t keep up.

oh yeah, I also just really dislike how a lot of the old faces come in for like literally one episode. Cool, it’s fanservice, but it keeps on happening. Next episode, we’re going to get Riker. Who’s after him? Blazin’ Bev? Garak? Barkley?

gao

oh yeah, I also just really dislike how a lot of the old faces come in for like literally one episode. Cool, it’s fanservice, but it keeps on happening. Next episode, we’re going to get Riker. Who’s after him? Blazin’ Bev? Garak? Barkley?

yeah i thought seven was going to stay with us. despite her being sex appeal during voy i did like her character. i guess only patrick stewart is the only one selling his soul during this venture

gao

yall

I have tried so hard to like this show

I love DS9 and TNG and I really like ENT and VOY and I really wanted to like Picard too but…….. fuck man. I find myself really enjoying certain scenes, like in episode six when Picard was asking Soji to follow him, and he’s like “come on, please!” etc. And the introduction of Seven of Nine (who was only there for one episode wtf). But on the whole, the storytelling, the plot, the narrative, it’s just eh. I can’t believe I miss the episodic nature of old Trek this much. Watching DIS and Picard feel like watching a movie, a single story, in which you must watch the previous episodes to understand the context of the current one, because it happened directly beforehand. Which is fine, which is why movies exist, but everything they’re doing sucks. I hate when they reveal a mystery on screen once, and then later but much more dramatically. What the fuck is that shit. I feel so bad, maybe my expectations were too high. I’m going to keep on watching it ($6/mo isn’t that bad) but if it goes onto a second season I won’t keep up.

I hate TV that’s nothing but STORY. For as much as I love Babylon 5 the 4th season really jams too much in about the ongoing plot, but B5 had an excuse in that they were told it was the very definitely final last season and the network was going to fall apart - then it was uncancelled. Picard and Discovery are TV shows made for netcasting, they have no excuse to not be a 13 or 26 episode series, and in fact I think it would have been a lot better as TV shows broadcasted over the air. It’s a TV show predicated on “binge watching” and that’s really discordant. Also like I think I posted above there’s a bunch of tie in books and comics that… could have had their content incorporated into the series. Instead of like 10 minutes dedicated to Raffi and her past we could have had a whole episode. That would have been pretty interesting.

yeah i thought seven was going to stay with us. despite her being sex appeal during voy i did like her character. i guess only patrick stewart is the only one selling his soul during this venture

Star Trek Barclay would have been a better program. Change my mind

薔薇は美しく散る

god no they would ruin his character

gao

spoilers for the latest episode

just watched the seventh episode

okay this one was my favorite one so far I think. I thought the meetup with Troi and Riker was well done and I enjoyed it. I actually liked almost all the scenes and now find myself looking forward to the next episode where Seven returns (!), according to the preview. I’m happy that my comment in my last post has been proven wrong. I did totally hate the thing where they’re at the dinner table and the kid finds the answers on her 24th century cell phone. That and the head-cock that Soji did at the tomatoes was out of nowhere, and kind of heavy handed. Other than that everything was neat. I’m still LOLin at RLM apparently predicting the betrayal by the one woman, and I think the story worked out well, but now I’m hoping that she comes around and ends up helping etc etc.

Also, more needless violence towards the ex-Borg, and Hugh. Sad for him but I hope that Seven and Elnor come back and kick the ass of the Romulan folk. I’m excited to see how the next episode goes.

Seventh wasn’t the worst for me. It was worse than others, sure, but nothing beats how stupid Stardust City Rag was. I thought Romulans were supposed to be subtle?

薔薇は美しく散る
Read more
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1 | 2
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top