Home | Zones | Log in | Register

Okay real fuckin talk who watched the new Star Trek today

fuck

Nobody | Reply | Create New Thread New Thread
First PageFirst | Page 2 of /2

This episode was fun. The rest need to be like this.

gao

This episode was fun. The rest need to be like this.

The rest won’t, all the episodes are supposed to be dopamine rushes mixed with memberberries. Too bad this couldn’t have been a 26 episode series aired on OTA TV, but then they wouldn’t be able to say fuck so much. At least then maybe it would be a lot more balanced and we could have gotten deeper dives into the characters. I actually like Raffi as a character and I would like to see more with her. I’d like to see Seven of Nine right after Voyager, probably meeting up with Picard and Barclay and Troi, I’d also like to see a flashback episode set while Picard is assembling the evacuation fleet and what he thought as it happens when the Federation cancelled the evacuation. (Yes, a whole episode. You can do that in a 26 episode series. Or even a 13 episode series.)

According to IMDB/Wiki the last 2 eps are written by Goldsman so I’m not expecting anything good from it. I’m also expecting more dumb action scenes and more hamfisted attempts at current politics, but I’m actually surprised I haven’t seen more of the latter considering what we got in Discovery. It’s not Star Trek without those two. It’s also not Star Trek without possible aspiration, which at least we got some of in Discovery, but I don’t think it’s 8 year old children who are watching Picard and Discovery.

tl;dr I MAD

Edited by TimeLady Victorious at 2020-03-06 11:22:03Mar 6 11:22
薔薇は美しく散る

Wonder how many other TNG/VOY characters they’re going to horribly murder by the end. Do you think we’ll see O’Brien die after a life time of torture?

gao

Wonder how many other TNG/VOY characters they’re going to horribly murder by the end. Do you think we’ll see O’Brien die after a life time of torture?

No, but I’m sure he gets to see his entire family murdered by synths.

薔薇は美しく散る

What if Star Trek Picard was just setting up another O’Brien suffers episode?

gao

He deserves what he gets for how he treated Keiko

He deserves what he gets for how he treated Keiko

She married an Irishman and he married a Japanese woman. They deserve each other

薔薇は美しく散る

anyway

I don’t like discount River Tam, but I did like the character development of Rios. I did like 7 hijacking the Borg Cube and Romulan spy lady probably getting raped to death. The B plot was much more interesting than the A plot.

薔薇は美しく散る

yes, episode 8 had a lot of satisfying and interesting moments. I liked it a lot and I’m now a lot more hopeful for the rest of the season. The last three episodes have been great for me so far

gao

i bet we’re going to hear one of these soon in picard

gao

Altan Soong.

That is all.

薔薇は美しく散る

i was joking about the reapers god damn it

gao

star trek picard more like mass effect picard

gao

discovery rips off a shitty video game and picard rips off a less shitty video game

you know what I enjoyed the mass effect trilogy and so did everyone else

薔薇は美しく散る

how does a 300 billion year old prothean artifact contain images of the future

how does it know about 21st century borders of the 48 connected states of the united states of america

how does it know what data looks like

why is the robot in the vision a shuttershock robot

how does it know about the federation and their logo

how does it know about the mars attack

why is the federation blamed for what romulans do

why did it kill fox news in a mind rape device

gao

is time cyclical and the same events happen over and over and the difference this time is we have admiral jean luc sheppard picard

gao

“all this has happened before, all this will happen again” was only good when bsg did it, and even then the final episode was … dumb

ontological mystery shows are dumb there’s a reason why only the x files monster of the week episodes were any good

薔薇は美しく散る

final episode was less pew-pew than i thought it was going to be.

i was also hoping for the enterprise-f to show up

gao

oh well looking it up it’s like 11 years before enterprise-f launches

gao

My disappointment was immeasurable and my day was ruined.

薔薇は美しく散る

gao

i look forward to doing missions for robo picard in 2409, though

gao

Does it have any highminded idealism or just military jerkoff fetish like all new startreks instead

Does it have any highminded idealism or just military jerkoff fetish like all new startreks instead

it kinda does? but it doesn’t do it very well imo

薔薇は美しく散る

it has wokeminded jerkoffism

the future is female

gao

nice

it has wokeminded jerkoffism

plinkett man made his review

let’s agree with plinkett man and never think for ourselves

the timelady verdict is that it was better than discovery, confusing as hell and a piece of shit overall

薔薇は美しく散る

i agree i can’t form my own thoughts and opinions unless an internet funny man tells me

gao

what did internet mans think of it

Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1 | 2
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top